The symptoms of sleep apnoea may include:
- daytime fatigue and sleepiness,
- poor concentration and attention,
- memory problems,
- headaches, and.
- difficulty performing work duties.
Obstructive sleep apnoea
Obstructive sleep apnea can also be associated with long-term complications if not diagnosed and treated properly. Some of these complications may include:
- high blood pressure (hypertension),
- ischemic heart disease (poor blood flow to the heart),
- heart attack,
- heart failure,
- irregular heart rate,
- pulmonary hypertension (elevation of blood pressure in blood vessels of the lungs), or
- even death.